December 21, 2012

The decision is set for 2:30 this afternoon. Right at the end of school, just before winter break begins. That’s good planning.

The choice will be Pitt or Alabama.

The recruiting experts seem to think the lean is to Pitt.

I’m just hoping he doesn’t do the whole hat thing. Just about every variation of that has been played out. I’d rather just see him rip open his shirt and show a Pitt jersey underneath. But, that’s just me.

I know some people are turned off by the whole announcement thing. I don’t have a problem with it. These kids are pursued to ridiculous ends. Filled with such levels of crap about how much teams and coaches need them, want them, how they are the piece they need.

It all ends once they sign their NLI and scholarship papers. They lose all leverage. All their choices, all their control is out the window. They belong to the school and coach after that.

Let them have a little bit of fun and extra attention.

UPDATE: As everyone probably knows, Robert Foster picked Alabama. Ah, well. Guess we can at least hope that Saban gets lured to the Browns.

In Gorman’s artcle today in the b, he said that Foster was undecided Thurs night and said yesterday morning he prayed for God’s guidance.(sound familiar??)

Apparently, God is not a Pitt fan … as if we already didn’t know that.

Comment by wbb 12.22.12 @ 8:58 am

But seriously, Gorman’s article is a pretty good read

link to triblive.com

Comment by wbb 12.22.12 @ 8:58 am

Us old folks remember Namath to AL and the Steelers not getting Dorsett and Marino.

But with Revis and Fitzgerald hopefully getting into the NFL Hall of Fame, Pitt has more than its share of great athletes.

Comment by frank MD 12.22.12 @ 9:25 am

@Scott, your use of ” ” around fans was totally incorrect.

You were trying to take a shot at Pitt only having 35K fans at games. Yep, can’t argue that.

The ” ” use however, questions the actual fans.

That would be totally wrong.

Pitt fans are as rabid and loyal as any other fans in the country, including Alabama, LSU, Texas.

No, we don’t have as many, not nearly as many.

There are however, Pitt die hards, that bleed blue and gold every bit as much as LSU fans bleed purple and gold.

Nope, don’t have 95K on a Saturday night, but the 20-30K die hards that are there for every game take a back seat to no one.

Now, before you jump back at me.

READ what I am saying. No, we don’t have good attendance, that is not an argument, agreed.

I’m talking about the people, that are Pitt fans, whether it be 5K or 20K, are into college football just as much as anyone else around the country.

Hence, your ” ” around fans, was misused.

Comment by Dan 12.22.12 @ 10:08 am

@ dan

i’m quite familiar w/ pitt fans. i’ve been going to pitt games for 35+ years, am a panther club member and have had my season tix for 15 years(i’m 42). my seats are on the 40 yd line in the lower bowl. at least twice a season some old fuck yinzer tells me to sit down when i stand up to cheer the defense on a critical 3rd down. those are the “fans” i’m referring to.

@emel, you’re a loud mouth jerk. btw, disagreeing with you doesn’t automatically make me a less intelligent troll.

Comment by scott 12.22.12 @ 11:28 am

As one of my first supervisors used to say, and I now say when employees tell me they’ve found another job…Goodbye, Goodluck.

The world didn’t end.

Tom Brady was a 6th round draft pick.

Where is Jason Gwaltney now?

Comment by PittStadiumShuffle 12.22.12 @ 11:31 am

Only in Alabama:

link to myfoxdc.com

Comment by 66Goat 12.22.12 @ 11:33 am

Actual post below from AL.com

Bamaboy321
Hope he cuts his hair.
1 Hour Ago

Robert, good luck (oh and goodbye)

Comment by PittStadiumShuffle 12.22.12 @ 11:44 am

i also go to at least one away game each season. in the last 10-12 years, i’ve been to games at texas a&m, nebraska, NC state, michigan state, notre dame, iowa and utah…at all of those places, i have NEVER heard one fan yell at another to sit down b/c they’re standing up and cheering for their team.

Comment by scott 12.22.12 @ 1:24 pm

Right on Scott, I’ve experienced exactly the same occurance with “sit down, we can’t see”. WTF, “stand up and improve the view, $hithead”! As a matter of fact, why don’t you substitute yelling encouragement for your team rather than wasting your breath by complaining to people who are standing up AT A FOOTBALL GAME, what a novel concept?!?!?!?!?!

Sorry guys, gotta give Scott a shout out when he exposes an issue that is legitimate IMO.

Comment by Dr. Tom 12.22.12 @ 2:02 pm

@ dr tom,

thanks.

Comment by scott 12.22.12 @ 2:16 pm

emael, what are you talking about? you’re implying it’s easier/less of a challenge for foster to go to alabama, compete for a starting spot, compete againar the best athletes in college football every week in the SEC than to play in front of 35,000 “fans” at heinz field vs MAC teams and mostly mediocre ACC teams? really? get a clue.

Comment by scott 12.21.12 @ 9:38 pm

Somehow this doesn’t sound like a Pitt fan that claims to have gone to games for 35+ years.

We don’t play MAC teams that often. And we haven’t entered the ACC as of yet.

I’m not a yinzer, but I’d tell ya to sit ur ass down as well. Just because !

Comment by Emel 12.22.12 @ 2:34 pm

emel, you’ve just made my case. moron.

Comment by scott 12.22.12 @ 3:08 pm

Kentucky, Auburn, Arkansas, Tennessee and Missouri ALL stunk this year.

I’m really tired about this SEC non-sense. Yes they have good players, just like every other conference. If they’re so great why did Syracuse beat Missouri at Mizzou and Rutgers beat Arkansas at Ark ?

I seem to remember Pitt doing pretty well against SEC teams when we played them in Bowl Games.

1976 Sugar Bowl PITT 27 Georgia (SEC champion) 3
1980 Gator Bowl PITT 37 South Carolina 9
1981 Sugar Bowl PITT 27 Georgia (SEC Champs) 20
1989 Sun Bowl PITT 31 Texas A&M 28
2010 Compass Bowl PITT 27 Kentucky 10

F*ck the SEC !

Comment by Emel 12.22.12 @ 3:17 pm

No Scott, just made look the fool for your moronic remarks, putz.

Comment by Emel 12.22.12 @ 3:19 pm

Dr Tom please don’t encourage the trolls.

Comment by Emel 12.22.12 @ 3:23 pm

wow, you can look up bowl scores on the internet. you can cherry pick the worst 5 SEC teams to try and make a point that the SEC isn’t the best conference in Amercia. your logic is overwhelming.

my grandfather was a golden panther, my dad played baseball at pitt for bobby lewis, was team captain in 1962. i’ll put my pitt fan creds up against anyone.

final point: your opinion is your opinion, nothing more and nothng less. and certainly not more informed or credible than mine or dozens of others who comment on this blog. so drop the holier than thou attitude. kudos to foster for wanting to get as far away from asshole losers like you.

Comment by scott 12.22.12 @ 5:07 pm

Scott and Emel, you two better learn to play nice or else you’re both going to get a time when I tell Chas on you.LOL!

Comment by Dr. Tom 12.23.12 @ 10:49 am