Dear Pitt Seniors,
Us Pitt fans would like to take the time to say Thank You for being Pitt Panthers. Your time here like the previous 2-3 graduating classes weren’t easy considering:
1. The coach that recruited you would be fired at the end of the season
2. Your next coach would be fired over a “domestic dispute” weeks later.
3. The coach after that would leave town after just one season and would say goodbye via text message.
4. You’d lose your teammates whether it was for transferring out or off field issues.
5. You’d spend three January’s in Birmingham.
In the end, you kept on playing. One of you took home four awards. The rest of you helped bring home a bowl win. You didn’t leave here with nothing, and you did leave your mark with the current players.
Heading into the bowl game, this team was without their top receiver and most of its offensive line. They’d lose their quarterback at halftime. Their running back was playing “Ironman Football”. Despite all that, no one on the team played like they had some excuse.
The backup quarterback came in and drove a team from near its own goaline for a touchdown. The running back broke a Pitt Great’s rushing record in a bowl game. The defense helped limit a quarterback who was upset because Pitt wouldn’t offer him as if every other BCS program wanted him.
It doesn’t matter who you played that night. There was a lot of reasons to love this bowl win. You left it all out there on field. The players who all stepped up that we’ll be seeing next year and years to come. Not sure what the future holds, but we Pitt fans always enjoy the ride.
In closing, we’d like to Thank You for being Pitt Panthers. Hail to Pitt!