December 31, 2013

Let the Countdown Begin

Filed under: Police Blotter,Scandal — Chas @ 6:00 pm

It’s New Year’s Eve. Time for the Pitt tradition unlike any other in college athletics. The annual New Years Eve monitoring of media outlets out of fear of learning that a coach has been arrested.

It’s a rich tradition that dates back to 2010.

I know I have been vigilant ever since that fateful evening.

Happy New Years, everyone.

oops, JJ Moore

Comment by steve1 01.01.14 @ 7:27 pm

2 holding calls on Stanford on 1 play … 1 on OT, 1 on TE

Comment by wbb 01.01.14 @ 7:32 pm

Go Baylor!

Comment by Upittbaseball 01.01.14 @ 8:12 pm

O’Brien shored up the fan base and held down the lawsuits at Pedo State! Let turf toe Franco, the Paterno cabal, and all the other unhappy campers start filing the lawsuits against the NCAA immediately! Holgie signs some more jucos. Building a program via the junior college/ transfer misfits (example- Shell) route smells of desperation. Ah the joy of the New Year! Hail to Pitt! UPone

Comment by UPone 01.01.14 @ 8:27 pm

Penn State sucks and WVU swallows, happy new year to all!!

Comment by WLAT and the Big Beat 01.01.14 @ 8:45 pm

Michigan State has a real defense. Haven’t seen one of those for a while.

Comment by gc 01.01.14 @ 9:53 pm

Can anyone confirm if PSU players can still transfer with no penalty and play right away… or was that only for that first year?

Folks I talked to tonight weren’t sure…

Comment by Pittscript 01.01.14 @ 9:58 pm

pretty sure that the PSU transfer rule is way in the past

Baylor’s color is green but I can’t find a speck of green on their unis at all (not even on their helmets)

Comment by wbb 01.01.14 @ 10:12 pm

Awesome ad admittance, Chas..

I’m now convinced that I’m harboring “The American Parasite.”

As usual, very, very off-topic here. But nevertheless felt need to wish my friends here at the Blather a Happy New year.

God willing it will be “happy.”

–N

Comment by Neil 01.01.14 @ 10:23 pm

Wbb – they have 7 unis.

Comment by Upittbaseball 01.01.14 @ 10:59 pm

PSU AD is giving Steve P a run for his money for number of football coaching hires in a short period of time. In two years, PSU has been coached by (joe petrino paterno, Bradley, Billiar Obrien, Larry (small) Johnson, a new guy) which makes alot.

I think that will be six coaches in slightly over two years. That third year of fourth grade math did come in handy for me after all. Hope they get on the news as much as Pitt was ridiculed for the turnstile at the head coaching job a few years ago. Our athletic department must do a better job in getting positive messaging to the media. Does anyone know if Pitt has a good relationship with Doug Whaley? He was promoted to the GM of the Buffalo Bills in 2013. I don’t remember seeing any news footage on this. Bad Pitt Athletic Department.

To all the Texans, I sure do enjoy your posts and defenses of your great country. I spent 1 1/2 years in Houston. Enjoyed the city and its diversity, but it is not good for raising anklebiters in my opinion.

Comment by dhuffdaddy 01.01.14 @ 11:00 pm

hey guys im starting a little twitter account for PITT and other Pittsburgh sports comments/news and things of that nature.

If any of you are on twitter feel free to give a follow @daburghsports27. Will follow back. Look forward to talking PITT sports with you all. Happy New Year

Comment by rhyno527 01.01.14 @ 11:31 pm

@wbb, thanks,

Comment by Pittscript 01.02.14 @ 12:22 am

Actually, if the Duke quarterback doesn’t throw a pick, which hadn’t been his m.o. all day, Duke goes down and scores, and leaves very little time left, if any.

The game was never in doubt???

A&M got the win, but Duke rolled over them. The win is what you’re after, so, they got it.

Hope you’re not insinuating some type of “SEC rules” or “SEC is superior” type of thing, cause A&M got rocked and were lucky to win.

To Duke that is.

Wouldn’t be a very good “SEC, SEC, SEC” argument game.

Comment by Dan 01.02.14 @ 10:22 am

@Emel, don’t forget, the ACC has the two big guns still to play, in the top two games.

We’ll see how they do.