November 1, 2013

Cloud Over Ezell Clearing

Filed under: Football,Police Blotter,Scandal — Chas @ 6:13 am

Back when the news was finally reported about Tyrone Ezell facing assault charges, I said I just didn’t know about it. I didn’t know if he should have been suspended. I didn’t know if the accusations were accurate.

Well, the hearing finally took place and charges were all withdrawn. Ezell is now facing a summary harassment count.

Homestead police in August charged Tyrone Ezell, 23, of Munhall, with simple assault, disorderly conduct and harassment after a 21-year-old woman accused him of punching her in the mouth July 30 during a fight also involving his relatives.

Homestead Cpl. Jeffrey Luptak said today the court told him he could file a summary offense against Mr. Ezell, his father, Albert, and their two accusers.

The elder Mr. Ezell, whose similar charges also were withdrawn Wednesday, now too faces the same harassment charge. Cpl. Luptak said he didn’t cite the accusers today, though, because he doesn’t have a complainant or victim.

Basically, we will not know. The family dispute appears to be settled. The police are portraying it as not having anyone willing to testify, not an issue of lack of evidence — such as medical records. But, once more, we don’t know. The only reality right now is that Ezell is mostly without worry of any significant criminal charges.

Ezell is also disputing this summary harassment as well, for what that is worth.

Atlanta paper article.

link to ajc.com

Comment by Frank MD 11.01.13 @ 11:52 am

Thirsty’s was called something else before it.
That was also in the rotation.

I can still see Wes sitting outside of Luna on his stool.

Comment by EMel 11.01.13 @ 11:54 am

Thx for the link Frank MD

After looking over the team rankings in the various national team stats. This looks like a real mismatch.

Didn’t really realize how poorly the offense has played.

Total Offense
95th of 125 teams

Rushing Offense
92nd of 125 teams

Passing Offense
74th of 125 teams

And this is against scrub teams like New Mexico, ODU, UVA & Navy. Even if we call Navy middling, these rankings against this schedule is absolutely horrid.

Comment by EMel 11.01.13 @ 12:07 pm

@emel, I felt just the opposite. After seeing us run over against the Navy option I was certain we would get trampled by Tech who has a first rate option attack. Once I went to the GTECH statistical sites though I was surprised how bad their D has played and even more surprised how little confidence the Georgia press has in them. They seem to think it is a tough match for them. Go figure.

Comment by spiritofsection22 11.01.13 @ 12:43 pm

As I said earlier in the week, this game is winable if Pitt finally decides to get it’s $hit together.

The Ga. Tech offensive line has been hampered with injuries as of late and their pass defense is atrocious. We protect Savage, and he continues to improve on hitting the underneath receivers when looking through his progressions and this team is definitely beatable.

Add to that, our defense has a second week in a row to improve their option defense tactics and who knows.

That’s why they play the games!

Comment by Dr. Tom 11.01.13 @ 12:52 pm

DR Tom, It all sounds good but I am having a hard time buying the 2nd week to improve theory. “We protect Savage” sounds kind of like a novel idea too, we maybe should have tried it before.

Comment by spiritofsection22 11.01.13 @ 1:01 pm

Hey I’m all for us getting our $hit together.

I think we’ve all been waiting since the 2nd half of the UVA game for the offense to.

If we can figure out how to protect the QB for longer than 3 seconds, then the next step has to happen. Chyrst & Rudolph have to decide to call aggressive play calls. Air it out, take some chances down field. Don’t think we can win with the ‘dink & dunk’ approach to the offense.

It didn’t work against Navy, it barely worked against ODU, it would seem it most assuredly won’t work against a much better team than both of them.

But who knows, that’s why they play the games and I don’t make a fortune in betting ! lol

Comment by EMel 11.01.13 @ 1:29 pm

SofS22, You know the sayings, “practice makes perfect” and “nothing beats experience”.

We got a young team, don’t count them out yet. I haven’t seen them throwing in the towel yet in any games, although their execution realy sucked at the end of the Navy game to give that one away, so they could bounch back if they’re pissed off enough to get motivated to play up to their potential.

Comment by Dr. Tom 11.01.13 @ 1:30 pm

Yep their pass defense is pretty bad.

As I posted the other day, the UVA QB threw for over 370 yards on them but UVA only scored 3 TD’s with all that yardage. Maybe bend don’t break on GT’s part.

Now GT’s run defense is pretty good.

#18 out of a 125 teams
Allowing only 117 yards/game

Opposed to Pitt’s run defense:

#51 out of 125 teams
Allowing 148 yards a game

Now #51 doesn’t seem to bad. But then weigh in, who we played. ODU, Duke, New Mex, UVA and even Va Tech had a horrible run attack (#105 in the Nation).

If the 4rth quarter against Navy is any indication, tomorrow could be real ugly.

Comment by EMel 11.01.13 @ 1:58 pm

Dr Tom, I hope you are right and enjoy your enthusiasm. In regard to experience I posted yesterday that there are two types ,good and bad. The Navy game was surely the latter. Failure breeds failure while success breeds success. I don’t see anything picked up defensively at Annapolis aiding the cause in Georgia.

Comment by spiritofsection22 11.01.13 @ 2:00 pm

I definitely remember the Cricket. I found it quite tame compared to places in WVU. They didn’t need those pasties.

Comment by panther94 11.01.13 @ 7:04 pm

Didn’t mean WVU…meant WV, where I grew up.

Comment by panther94 11.01.13 @ 7:06 pm