December 3, 2012

Welp, It’s A Rumor

Filed under: Football,Marketing — Chas @ 1:43 pm

Let me state how much I don’t believe this. That by even posting this, I am probably just trolling for hits on the site.

But what the hell.

Former Pitt Middle Linebacker Scott McKillop just put this out on Twitter. Take it for what it’s worth.

Uh, yeah. Not to be too cynical, but I’m not buying it. There’s probably a better chance of Pitt breaking out their 2010 Nike Pro Combat unis than the old blue-gold and script Pitt.

That’s right! Virginia and Georgia Tech are supposed to be in the Big 10 today.

Well, hot damn, I’ll be a monkeys uncle!!!

And here, I thought it was 30 years of lousy to mediocre at best football, a constant coaching carousel, and AD that quits, then gets rehired after being run out of Lincoln before he ruined one of the most storied football programs in the country, countless mis-hires etc. etc.

And here, I find out, the demise of Pitt football is because of 30-40 guys b.s.’ing on a sports blog about Pitt??

I mean, I’m sure Chas has hundreds if not thousands of people looking in, but, there’s a core of 30-40 regulars who post.

Hot damn, I didn’t know I was so powerful.

Another thing, as a Chryst supporter, I can honestly say, I haven’t seen anyone calling for his firing. I’ve seen some question some calls and things like that during the year, afterall, that would be the norm and expected on a sports blog.

And, almost everyone on here, has season tickets. There’s some older fellas, and some with some illness’ that can’t get to the games. That’s understood. Some that live in Ga., SC., Ca., Tx. etc. etc that can’t get to the games, understood.

But, a majority of us go to the games.

Hell, some would call us the die hards and thank God that we even exist for this university and football team.

Others say, we’re the problem. mmmm, huh.

Learn something new everyday.

Comment by Dan 12.04.12 @ 6:31 pm

click your heels 3 times turn in a circle 3 times
and say chryst is not leaveing chryst is not leaveing what the hell it worked in ozz.

Comment by FRANKCAN 12.04.12 @ 6:41 pm

Me too Marietta Mike. Me too.

Comment by Atlanta Panther 12.04.12 @ 6:45 pm

I’ve felt all along, every single time I read one of Dan or EMEL’s posts filled with twisted humor, that these were potential coach killers, but I never thought they could bring down the whole program.

Comment by marcus of schaumburg 12.04.12 @ 6:50 pm

Hey if PC leaves, this guy just became available:

Frank Spaziani,

IKR haha

Comment by Emel 12.04.12 @ 7:02 pm

The Spazstache is the only one who can remove:

The Curse of Wannstache

(ongoing since Tuesday, 12/7/2010)

Pitt football did get Pearl Harbored that day.
A day that will live in infamy !

Comment by Emel 12.04.12 @ 7:18 pm

Arkansas will regret the hire. Bielema would not have sniffed the RB this year had OSU and PSU not been on probation.
His record has steadily gotten worse as his recruits take root.
With Meyer in his division, Wisky is on the short list to mid tier. He had mass detections from his staff.
To win at Arkansas you have to recruit out of state talent. Not as much as needed in WV, but not far removed.
He will do best in years 2 & 3 when kids recruited by petrino mature. After that it will drop off.
He is not anywhere near Saban, spurrier, miles or even Richt as a coach or recruiter.

Comment by SFPitt 12.04.12 @ 7:25 pm

Whoa! Hold your darn horses people!

Paul Chryst preaches integrity, building trust and developing these young men as football players. We all know he’s interviewed for HC positions in the past and Pitt is the U who gave him his first chance.

1. Do you think he’s happy with his job performance? I think he did his best but he grew as a HC and I think he knows he will keep growing here.
2. I think he has far more intestinal fortitude than Fraud and he’ll walk the talk he preaches, commitment.
3. After this ridiculous musical coaching carousel don’t you believe he everyone across the country would belittle him worse than Fraud for jumping ship? Well, perhaps the early hominids from Mountain queer U might be laughing but his character would take a very serious hit.
4. Everything I’ve heard about PC is he’s happy here at Pitt. Sure, we all know he wants to coach at back at UW someday but is he really ready right now?

We all graduated from a great university rich in tradition. I never made it to UW but I bet Pitt has a great deal more to offer. I’m from the other side of the state and was completely surprised with Pittsburgh the first time I visited and decided this was the U for me.

Have faith!

I bet PC does the right thing.

Comment by JD 12.04.12 @ 7:28 pm

Excellent points SF Pitt: if I’m PC’s agent, I say to consider Wisconsin’s conference position carefully before leaving a program after one solid C+ year, in terms of your career 5 years down the line.

The reality is, Wisconsin will have a HC opening again, probably in 3-6 years. They have lost all their minor league talent development to other positions, so there’s no easy internal solution, for hiring. And, considering whomever is hired will lose 2-3 times a year in conference, strong coaches who don’t need the leg up shouldn’t consider the role- unless they need money and/or a position fast. It’s a short term pay out now, to be fired in a few seasons, if you can’t figure out how to beat Michigan, Ohio State and/or Penn State consistently, starting in 2014. It’s tripping up the ladder otherwise.

I would advise Chryst to use the time he committed to Pitt, to strengthen his coaching skills, so he develops his own abilities to get hired in his dream job, so he can excel in the role, in 3-6 seasons, after this hire fails. He’s young enough where he can wait out this coaching cycle & take the position with more experience under his belt, for more money over the long run.

And then, he looks like a good guy now, staying at Pitt.
And Chryst gets to be a returning alumni hero a few years down the road, in a better position to negotiate for more money, for the same job. With more experience to actually do a good job for Wisconsin- and they won’t have to pay out his Pitt contract at that time.

H2P

Comment by Rieur1114 12.04.12 @ 8:45 pm

FRANKCAN, you have me laughing. Lets keep those ruby slippers away from PC. Don’t want to hear any “there’s no place like home” chants from the HC office. ….

Comment by Bossdaws 12.04.12 @ 8:51 pm

Wow….210 posts on the script?

Comment by Jackagain 12.04.12 @ 9:03 pm

EMEL, I hope you begged PC to stay, and asked for the return of the script and blue and yellow!

Comment by markp 12.04.12 @ 9:24 pm