November 3, 2012

Change of plans-Liveblog here

Filed under: Uncategorized — Luke @ 2:50 pm

For some reason, it won’t let me log onto the moderator account for Chas’ cbox, and I can’t figure out how to embed it in the post. So, if you could just click here, it should show up in another window.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I attended the game, the crowd noise was deafening, and our guys fought a truly great fight. Yes, the officials stole the game,without the wrongful call of pass interference on 4th down Pitt wins the game right there.The ND faithful were leaving the stadium at the start of the 4th quarter giving up on their Irish.
I was proud of the Pitt team and seeing the progress since week 1 feel confident that Chryst is going to take them in the right direction. But…

Comment by spindler's spirit 11.04.12 @ 5:14 pm

As to coaching I was disappointed that Chryst would repeat the error in the Louisville game in ND by not punting before the half, fortunately ND didn’t capitalize. The second coaching move by Chryst that I question was in the 2nd OT. Pitt picks up 9 yards on first down, faced with a 2nd and 1 why not bring Shell into the game your power back fake the handoff to him off the right side and have tino run left to the middle of the field , either making the first down or at least placing the ball in the middle (Walt’s slide) and worst case have 3 rd and 1. Needing only the kick to win try the FG on 3rd down, if bad snap fall on it and try again on 4th down. The play clock was down to 1 when that ball was snapped which rushed the kicker and probably the snapper causing the high snap.
Folks we are paying for a coach who is learning on the job. I think he will be fine but Pitt is paying a high price for on the job training.

Comment by spindler's spirit 11.04.12 @ 5:24 pm

spindlers spirit read panther prey i think dockish says the same thing.

Comment by FRANKCAN 11.04.12 @ 5:31 pm

I default to most people on here keep things in perspective. Maybe that’s a big assumption.

I realize, this blog spot is where people come to speak about Pitt football, in a sense of, Pitt football.

Pittofdreams, I understand your hyperbole!!!

Comment by Dan 11.04.12 @ 6:53 pm

Ok folks. My 8-9 year old flag football team won the Championship today, 22-14. On the frozen tundra of…well it was damn cold between 3:30 and 5.
I was certain that my coaching would come under fire. Why did I go for the jugular when I could have run out the clock and risk that pick six? The answer is the rules required us to pass.
But onto the Panthers. Man, there are a host of reasons why we lost, each as culpable as the next. Can’t do anything about the refs.
But I will say this.
ND wins alot if close “big games”, because they play a lot of big games.
They are accustomed to playing big time games. We are not.
We tend to shy away from big time non conference foes. I’m not talking about Gardner Webb: even Cyanide Steve can’t be blamed for that one. But we don’t challenge ourselves enough and because we don’t, we tend to not know how to act when we get there.
You don’t remedy that overnight, but you do have to recognize that when you don’t challenge yourselves, you tend to not improve.
Boise State did: Hell, WVU does. Ohio State usually plays one stud foe home and home. We have relied on ND as our big game. That isn’t going to be an option any longer.
Will we schedule lightly or will we challenge ourselves?
As Augustus McCray said in LONESOME DOVE,”it ain’t dying I’m talkin about. It’s livin!”
Time for the football program to adopt that POV. IMO.
let’s kick ass on Friday!

Comment by SFPitt 11.04.12 @ 9:37 pm

After watching this team grow throughout the season, I am really looking forward to seeing the product that Chryst puts on the field next year. Sure he is making mistakes, but that can be expected, and i totally disagree with the above blogger that we are paying a large price for him to learn on the job. Well don’t we all learn on the job with what we each do for a living and make mistakes?! What we need is for a leader to emerge next year that has passion and desire and isn’t afraid to throw the ball and make the big play. Someone that his teammates respect and doesn’t get a glazed deer in the headlights look when he is called on to make plays regardless of the situations. Notre Dame didn’t win that game against us, we lost it for several reasons as many of you highlighted. But if that game is any sign of what things are to come, man is it going to be a fun ride, lets just all hope for winning outcomes instead. Hats off to this team who played their hearts out! I could care less about a bowl game just to finish out this season and build on something for next year. H2P!

Comment by pittisit37 11.04.12 @ 10:09 pm

Chryst and Tomlin coach by feel. Graham was having a great day and unfortunately, Shell got lost. That is okay because Graham had a terrific day. I don’t think the power run works against the power d. When our guys were in space, we did well.

I am real comfortable with the progress of Chryst and Company. Well done boys, but you now need to beat the next team and play with the same vigor that got you to the apex.

Arthur Doakes, if he gets a little quicker this offseason, will be a beast. If he continues to improveand get a nasty streak, he will play on Sunday’s. It is his opportunity and he must commit to it. Go get em’ Pitt.

Comment by dhuffdaddy 11.04.12 @ 10:33 pm

dhuffdaddy, totally agree with your comments. We do need to remember that there will be bumps in the road next year as well. I’m hoping that coach chryst and staff will help the team to learn how to win especially in the closing minutes of big games. this is a problem that goes well back before this year. it includes having a quarterback who can be special in the last 4 minutes after being good for most of 4 quarters. We also need more good players in some positions but somehow i feel that they are coming. By the way, who can forget 4th and 14 in overtime at morgantown with the game on the line and pistol pete fires a rocket and gets 17. Then he gets the touchdown that wins the game. big ben and the steelers showed everyone a team that knows how to win today even though their offensive line has been practically destroyed by injuries. i too am optimistic that hcpc, the staff and the players will be able to do it. now let’s get ready for a not very good uconn team that can knock off an improving pitt team should we have a letdown. htp.

Comment by opfim 11.04.12 @ 11:44 pm

Sick of hearing it from all you PC haters. Give him a chance and shut your f’n mouths.

Comment by panther94 11.05.12 @ 12:42 am

Sorry all…should not have said that. I’m passionate about everything Pitt and am an optimist for our future. HTP.

Comment by panther94 11.05.12 @ 12:53 am

Dr. Tom – I have no axe to grind with you, I am sure you are a great guy. You and I just measure success very differently. If you think a regular season win over an awful Syracuse program is inspiring, then your expectations are pretty low for the program. Early season conference victories over overrated USF teams are hollow when they are followed up by bad conference losses to UCONN or Rutgers. I view trips to the Meineke Car Care and BBVA Compass Bowls as bad consolation prizes for once promising seasons. We just see things very differently when it comes to benchmarks for Pitt football.

The reality is that Pitt has never won an outright BigEast championship, despite it being the worst BCS conference in football. The year Pitt went to a BCS game (due to a 4-way tie after the exits of Miami and VT) they lost 35-7 to Utah (a non-BCS school at the time). You cited recent history in your post. Pitt has won 4 bowl games since 2000 against the likes of Oregon St., NC State, North Carolina, and Kentucky. Storied basketball programs, but not historical football powers. I simply think that Pitt can do better. Maybe my expectations are misguided and too high, but that recent history has resulted in the coaching carousel that we have witnessed over the last 12 years. Like I said before, I want things to change in a positive manner following the move to the ACC, but I have 25 years of history that makes me skeptical.

Just so you can understand my perspective, I evaluate companies for a living – mostly in a litigation context. I am trained to do the best I can to be objective, take a critical perspective, and analyze numbers without emotion. Maybe that background makes me a terrible “fan” or contributer to this blog, but that is the lens from which I view things, right or wrong. We may disagree on how we view Pitt’s success, but I assure you, we have the same hopes for a brighter future.

Comment by dallas mike 11.05.12 @ 1:17 am

Big D Mike, I appreciate you clarifying your stance more in you last post. We are all on the same team (well most, anyways). I think Dr. Tom knows that as well.

I believe the problem that we all have at times is that we set unrealistic benchmarks (all fanbases do, really – but Pitt fans take the cake sometimes). You said that “I view trips to the Meineke Car Care and BBVA Compass Bowls as bad consolation prizes for once promising seasons.” Who made the season promising? Certainly not anyone who’s job it was to evaluate or predict our team’s strengths or potential in the preseason.

How many seasons in the past 12 were we pre season Top Anything? How many times were we virtual locks to go to a BCS Bowl? The Meineke Car Care/Belk bowl goes to the #3 team in the Big East. We had one or two seasons where we were “expected” to be win the conference. So if we are generally expected to be 2nd or 3rd or 4th, how is going to the bowl game for the 2nd, 3rd or 4th team a consolation?

If you perennially have top 20 and conference championship talent, then setting a benchmark of winning the conference and being in the top 20 is a legitimate benchmark. Setting that benchmark just because we want it to be that way does not make it a legitimate benchmark.

We had a 6-7 team last year, devoid of many play makers. And the only true play maker we had coming back (Ray G), we didn’t even know he was going to play AT ALL this season until after the kickoff of the first game. We were picked to finish 5th in the conference in the pre season this season. Was winning the Big East Conference really a legitimate benchmark for this season? Most people said 6-6. Guess what? We’re 6th in the conference and can MAYBE finish 3rd and have a decent chance of being 7-5. Is it great? Is it what we want? Obviously NO.

I’m sure it will happen again next year as well. People will expect Paul Chryst to deliver a big time bowl in his second season even though we will have lost our only play maker, we will have four complete unknowns at QB. One kid who couldn’t crack the starting lineup at the last two mediocre schools he transferred from and hasn’t seen a snap in a live game since November of 2010, one who’s been sitting on our bench the last two seasons, a RS Freshman and a true freshman. Is a big time bowl game a legitimate benchmark for next year? A conference title. Demanding/expecting a top 25 finish would be unrealistic, IMHO.

We fired Walt Harris and Wanny because the ever-higher bars that were set (which were reasonable) were not reached. I don’t think it’s fair for PC to have to reach the same bars in his first year as an HC and more importantly, after the disastrous 2 years we’ve endured.

Now, should we be demanding/expecting that the bar be set higher each year for PC and his coaches over the next 3 years? YOU BETTER BELIEVE WE SHOULD. Assuming we don’t run them out of town and have to start all over with a tarnished reputation and a truck load full of ammo for other schools’ recruiters, that is.

Sure would be nice to get lucky and be surprised once in a while though. That’s for sure.

#H2Pitt

Comment by CNorwoodAZ 11.05.12 @ 2:36 am

the loss is still stinging. Reed, please do not post an article about how this loss was not Tino’s fault. We all just want to move on from Tino at this point and only a few games left. The oppty was there in this game for Tino to get the signature win of his career. It did not happen.

what stings for me still is our 4th quarter offensive performance – 18 plays, 4 yards. Graham had a great day, no doubt. However, in the second half with a lead, I thought we should have started to mix Shell in and keep Ray fresh. Shell is also tough to brng down so if he broke some tackles, moved the pile,and ate up some clock, we would have worn ND defense down mentally.

On a positive note, I am excited for the future. if we can get any consistent QB play in this offense for 4 qtrs of a game, Chryst’s offense will be tough to stop.

Comment by pittfan92 11.05.12 @ 9:42 am

Sorry to say but moral victories are for losers. The point of a game is to win and they didn’t. Yes, the pass interference call was horrible but if Tino makes a couple plays the clock is ran out, or if the FG snap isn’t botched then the game is over too.

Chryst is still showing the same problems with coaching. Going for it on 4th down at the end of the second quarter was horrible. This is literally the same exact mistake he made a couple weeks ago. Luckily the D bailed him out.

You can’t just assume he will become a good game day coach. There are tons and tons of coaches that never become a good game day coach. And he clearly didn’t learn from a mistake he made a couple weeks ago.

Also, I think this game proves my point that I’ve been trying to make that this team is talented and has no business being 4-5. The team went into ND and played at the same level as ND. They had absolutely no business losing to YSU and the Cuse.

Comment by Wardapalooza 11.05.12 @ 9:44 am

@DR. TOM, didn’t see it yesterday, but I find your use of the phrase “cry babies” uncalled for.

Comment by Dan 11.05.12 @ 10:01 am

The 4th down interference call against the Panthers, was an absolutely horrible call. Pitt was leading by 20 to 6 at the time, it gave Notre Dame the ball and the subsequent touchdown keeping them. I saw a similar awful call during the Steeler Giants yesterday that Giants 45 yard freebee. What bothers me the most is that interference calls are being made when the official did not clearly see the play. Now one of the basic fundamentals of officating is that, if you did not clearly see it, you cannot call it. You shouldn’t anticipate or assume there was interference unless you clearly see it occur. This morning on the FAN I heard Ed Bouchete of the Post-Gazette comment that the call in the Steeler Giants game was as bad of a call as the 4th down play in Saturday’s Pitt game and that both were excellent defensive plays. He went on to say, “It makes you wonder if anyone knows what interference is anymore.

Comment by Justinian 11.05.12 @ 10:31 am

Pass interference has always been a game changing penalty, especially in the pros with the spot penalty (as opp to 10 or 15 yds). Both calls discussed above were dead wrong. Until coaches get to challenge these calls and have someone “upstairs” review them, they will continue to dramatically change the outcomes of games unfairly. Seems to be an epidemic this yr (especially when the replacement refs were roaming the NFL). The difference is that our Stillers overcame bad ref calls with Big Ben, Redman and company and Pitt didn’t with Tino and our 4th qtr/OT offense. Enuf. HTP and lets finish with 3 wins.

Comment by Bossdaws 11.05.12 @ 11:08 am

to one of the points above everyone bitching about the play calling at the 4 minute mark. you can’t have it both ways. can’t be “PC is stupid for not running the ball” and also “PC played not to lose, just like wanny, if ray is stuffed 3 straight times if they do run in that situation.
from trib today:

Graham said he was surprised when Pitt started throwing from its 20-yard line while protecting an eight-point lead with four minutes left in the fourth quarter.

“I thought we were going to run the ball,” he said. “(But) we have great offensive coordinator (Joe Rudolph). He made the call. We stuck with it.”

In four of the five carries immediately preceding that series, Graham totaled zero yards.

i would’ve had no problem handing it to ray 3 times in a row b/c he’s our best player. but tino and the OL need to rise to the occasion in that situation and like so many times before, they didn’t do it. tino = anti-clutch.

Comment by scott 11.05.12 @ 11:21 am

Don’t you just love that Tino put the entire loss on Kevin Harper…’we missed a field goal, that was it’, and made no mention of his total inepptitude in the 4th quarter.

Fumbled snaps, deer in headlights when rush approached, short arm nervous throws that missed the mark. He played well for three quarters but when the heat was on….pffffft.

Comment by Matt N. 11.05.12 @ 12:15 pm

Someone mentioned the possibility of Pitt-WVU at the Pinstripe Bowl in NYC!!!

Would love it!! NYC holiday time. Would be the first in line to buy 4 tickets.

Not doin’ Charlotte or Birmingham again.

Hopefully, this dilemma comes to fruition.

Comment by Dan 11.05.12 @ 12:17 pm

@Matt N. did he really say that, publicly???

Comment by Dan 11.05.12 @ 12:18 pm

That was the talent on display that I thought this team might have…took them a few games to sort it out but I see good things for next year…even losing Ray G. We wasted the kid’s talent for three years of “Tino Time” — imagine the yards he could have piled up with a non-choke QB.

Comment by Matt N. 11.05.12 @ 12:20 pm

Yeah Dan, it was in a story quote somewhere right after the game — probably si.com or AP story I read…really showed his character full square.

Comment by Matt N. 11.05.12 @ 12:21 pm

Same old Pitt but I see a good future with this team. This team still has to learn how to win. However, that should come with time and experience. This next game will determine if Pitt can bounce back. Good teams, winning teams, teams with leaders and competent coaches do.

Comment by TX Panther 11.05.12 @ 12:24 pm

“We missed a field goal, that’s why we lost the game,” Pitt quarterback Tino Sunseri said. “It came down to a special teams play, we didn’t make the play. Give credit to Notre Dame for being able to finish it off.”

Read more: link to sportsillustrated.cnn.com

Comment by Matt N. 11.05.12 @ 12:27 pm

People have been quick to criticize Chryst for his playcalling. A lot of it centered on the decision to throw rather than run following the interception that gave Pitt the ball with a narrow lead and three minutes on the clock.

In my opinion, it wasn’t the playcalling as much as the execution not being up to the level of the play being called.

On that last drive, all Chryst and Rudolph were doing was simply asking Tino and the rest of the offense to execute the same plays as if it were the first drive of the game.

If there’s a complaint to be made, it is Chryst’s reluctance to recognize Tino’s tendency to make mistakes at critical moments.

This is no different then the end of of the first half against Cincy and the end of the game at Syracuse when Chryst was calling on his quarterback to think on his feet and execute “A PLAY” like it was designed and undoubtedly exectuied successfully countless of times when the game was no so much on the line.

Comment by PittofDreams 11.05.12 @ 12:48 pm

Just read the same story Matt N., and immediately came here to see if it had been posted yet… I am certianly no fan of Tino’s, but I was willing give him some credit based on his performance thus far. Im sure this was said immediately after the game, much the same as Palko’s F-bomb, but nonetheless is inexcusable. If Im another player, especially upperclassman, I pin this kid against the nearest wall/locker until he’s ready to apologize to the entire team publicly, and especially to Kevin Harper.

Then again if i was Kevin Harper, I release a public statement along the lines of “We missed read after read offensively, thats why we lost the game. It came down to offensive signal calling at the line of scrimmage, and being able to read a defense, and we have’t been able to do that in crucial situations. I give Notre Dame credit because their 19 year old RS Freshman was able to do that, while our 36 year old RS 18th YR Senior can’t.”

Comment by Big Bill 11.05.12 @ 12:51 pm

“36 year old RS 18th YR. Senior” LMAO!!!

Comment by Dan 11.05.12 @ 12:56 pm

Better yet bill, how about a response from harper along the lines of “we lost because our 18th yr senior hasnt yet learned to receive a snap…”

Comment by Pitt it IS 11.05.12 @ 1:06 pm

if you run the ball more time comes off the clock

Comment by FRANKCAN 11.05.12 @ 1:07 pm

If the BE Refs had recognized the having two players with the same # on the field at the same time was a penalty, we would had a first down and would have won the game (IMHO) and out conversations would have been a lot different. HTP, let’s win 2 out of 3 and move on!

Comment by markp 11.05.12 @ 1:13 pm

Only a 3pt favorite over big east,no win uconn, I’m getting worried.

Comment by alcofan 11.05.12 @ 1:21 pm

the Tino quote sparked a scolding from Peter King, arguably the most respected football journalist today in his MMQB column…

“Not a fan of Pitt quarterback Tino Sunseri saying after his kicker, Kevin Harper, missed a 33-yard field goal in overtime, “We missed a field goal. That’s why we lost the game.” What a teammate Sunseri is. Pitt blew a 20-6 lead in the fourth quarter, and Harper made four of five field goals in the 29-26 loss. But he missed the one field goal that would have won it in the second overtime. Everyone who watched the game, and everyone in the Pitt locker room, understands a makeable field goal would have won the game. But to put the spotlight on one guy — that’s not what the quarterback on a team should do.”

Read more: link to sportsillustrated.cnn.com

Comment by pittfan92 11.05.12 @ 1:28 pm

I’m over it now….I can see some positives that dispel a big myth…That myth being that this Pitt team, or next years team, lacks the talent to compete on a high level. We have now seen Pitt play two teams with high level talent (VT and ND) and play very well against them. Pitts theme closing out this year and heading into next should be “consistency”…From the players, the coaches, and maybe just a little from the refs!

Comment by HbgFrank 11.05.12 @ 1:30 pm

Once Pitt gets that leader in QB, the sky’s the limit. Chryst and Co. will get better in the coaching category. Hopefully, the recruits will take notice and come.

Comment by TX Panther 11.05.12 @ 2:48 pm

OK, enough of this seriousness–time to lighten things up. How could Kevin Harper have made the game winning field goal with 80,000 N.D. Catholics in the stadium praying for wide right?!

Comment by opfim 11.05.12 @ 3:30 pm

Let me get this straight. PITT loses in 3 OT after the kicker kicks 3 FG during regular time to give us 12 of our 20 points meaning that he gave us more offense than Sunseri. And Sunseri points his finger at the kicker?
Enought said.

Comment by PITT Fan in Atlanta 11.05.12 @ 3:32 pm

Havent heard any public comments about the duplicate jersey on the field at the same time. Anyone catch a media mention.

As bad or inconsistent as Harper has been all year (and I am one of his biggest critics), he didnt deserve to be called out like he was by the supposed team leader. A team leader who to my knowledge has never been called out by a teammate during his stellar career for ineptitude under center.

On to CT! Win.

HTP

Comment by Pitt it IS 11.05.12 @ 3:35 pm

Reply to dallas mike, we have found common ground. I agree with you, I am a great guy.

Now as far as how I would respond to the rest of your most recent post, read CNorwoodAZ’s reply to you just below your post, and I respond with “what he said”.

Regarding your perspective on reality, let me use an analogy that you can relate to in your professional life since you, “are objective, take a critical perspective, and analyze numbers without emotion”. First, any objective observer viewing Saturday’s Pitt-ND game who saw the PI call in question and understands football, would agree that the ref made a horribly bad, game changing call on that play. End of discussion.

Second, any objective observer who had critically analyzed the teams in this game, before hand, would conclude “no contest” prior to the game. In essence this is what the Vegas line is all about and it was ND -17.

So just by crunching the numbers, Pitt beats the spread 2 TD’s, that’s a good thing right? And that was because Pitt looked good rather than ND looking awful. And considering Pitt takes the game into the fourth quarter up by 14, that makes Pitt’s effort even look better up to that point.

So what was the turning point in the game? Seemed pretty obvious to me, it was the PI call in question. So here is the business analogy.

If an “average” company showed great profit margins over the first 3 quarters of the year, under adverse market conditions against stiff competition, I would consider that very positive. If in the last quarter, outside factors that the company had no control over imposed harsh financial penalties against the company that adversely effected the profits in the last quarter and caused repercussions for the total years financial sheet, then how would you evaluate the company at year’s end?

I don’t think that you throw that company under the bus and discredit it’s previous accomplishments under such trying conditions, especially since the performance overall was way ahead of expectations in the first place.

However, that is just what you did IMO. Your quote “For the people blaming the officials. Winners celebrate victories and losers blame the officials. Good teams are mentally tough and can overcome a bad call here and there”.

Well, if you are lookig at this Pitt team “objectively” I would be hard pressed to classify them as “good”. And the PI call was not a “here or there” call, IT WAS “THE” CALL THAT TURNED THE GAME’S MOMENTUM TOTALLY AROUND.

You ended up even apoligizing for your negativity (whining). That’s what pissed me off. Expectations that were totally unrealistic!!!!! Just because Pitt cannot finish a game against the third ranked team in the country is no reason to be negative about their effort, which IMO was close to supernatural. This is a team that 7 weeks ago was being given up for dead for Christ’s sake. Then after they take a team like ND into triple OT in a losing effort they have to hear supposed fans still consider them losers, I don’t think so.

Don’t get me wrong, I share your desire to see Pitt a top 25 team annually again, but trashing a great effort, even though it was in a losing effort is not the way to get it done.

This team should really, really suck right now, considering what they have been through in the last couple years. And I know what bad Pitt football feels like living through a 1-10 season the year before Coach Majors showed up. But instead, these guys played out of their minds and almost pulled off a historic win that would have gone down in the books as one of the best Pitt victories in their long and storied history.

That didn’t happen, but it sure as hell doesn’t mean that these guys played like “the same old Pitt”. In fact it is a team that just does not yet have the ability to finish a game well and that got screwed by a critically important bad call.

You weren’t even born when Pitt won their last national championship, but let me tell you the air is pretty rarified up there way at the top. There is not a lot of room for error to get there either. Pitt may never get there again for as far as I know. So enjoy the process, is my recommendation. Celebrate the victories, no matter who they beat, mourn the losses no matter whom is victorious over us, but be realistic and rational in your expectations so as to keep the proper perspective on the process. And always Hail to Pitt!

Comment by Dr. Tom 11.05.12 @ 3:41 pm

Hey Tino, this isn’t tennis, win as a team and ******************.

Comment by alcofan 11.05.12 @ 3:42 pm

Final word from me. If you look at the stats of the game, we were manhandled in every category except for turnovers. Its a shock that we werent down 20-6 in the 4th. Shows you the importance of turnovers. Another glaring stat was third down conversions – 1-11. Pathetic. But according to Sunseri, it was the field goal.

Comment by Pitt it IS 11.05.12 @ 3:43 pm

Comment by Bossdaws 11.05.12 @ 3:50 pm

Take it however you like, but these are two tweets from Sunseri Saturday nights after the game:

“This is crazy. I did not blame the whole game on Harp! I even said it twice to make sure it was clear that I didn’t. This is stupid!”

“Taken out of context! Somany more plays in a game than just one kick. To think that is idiotic and dumb. Teams win and lose.”

I didn’t see the interview, but the words were definitely said. Out of context or not, they should not have been said.

Comment by CNorwoodAZ 11.05.12 @ 4:12 pm

Are there really people on this post questioning the kids effort??? Really??

Admittedly, I just glanced over the 200 or so posts, and really didn’t see anyone questioning the kids efforts.

Maybe there were, my eyes are about shot.

Comment by Dan 11.05.12 @ 4:50 pm

Stoosh, good post, didn’t catch that during the game. Maybe a knee would have been better for field position. Still feel like we missed a humongous opportunity for recruiting PR. That is what bothers me most is the talent equation. If your not winning how do you get the 4 star kids to help you get to the next level? Can’t believe we were that close and it slipped away.

Comment by LUV PITTBULLS 11.05.12 @ 8:25 pm