October 27, 2012

Open Thread: Temple-Pitt

Filed under: Football,Open Thread — Chas @ 6:22 am

Have to keep this brief as I need to hit the road to Heinz Field.

Early start. Dreary day. On the bright side, my daughter comes with me to this game. She looks completely dazed and hopefully will fall back to sleep in the car.

Will Pitt stop the run and contain a mobile QB? Can Pitt run with some effectiveness in what should  be another wet and cold game that demands a running game? These and other questions to be determined at noon.

Yawn. After the last several debacles didn’t waste my time watching Gardner-Webb. I expect a typical Pitt failure today where they won’t be able to stop Temple’s prime offensive weapon, the run. Likely to be a close but no cigar performance. 0 & 4 in Big East. With 4 left after today hard to see a Pitt team better than 6 & 6. Really hoped/expected more for this year given the purported talent level (PG Sports reporting) and very weak schedule (YSU etc.). Very sad this is where we are at this early in the season. Headed to the bottom of the ACC. With Urban Meyer at OSU and Ped U doing well I can’t foresee a scenario where we get promising recruits given the state of this program. And so the cycle of the last 20+ years will continue. Hope the Blather faithful will enjoy the game I will be at soccer during the Pitt game.

Comment by LUV PITTBULLS 10.27.12 @ 8:38 am

Actually I’m going up to Norman today to go to the ND -OU game tonight I kinda gave up on the panthers weeks ago, the YSU and SU losses were inexcusable and I think Temple wins today.

I can’t wait for basketball season to see Adams in the low post and what he can do.

Take care all

Comment by WLAT and The Big Beat 10.27.12 @ 9:32 am

A little luck never hurt anybody. Glad they got 7, rather than 3.

Comment by Mailman 10.27.12 @ 12:19 pm

Avoiding disaster – two false starts, recovered fumble on punt followed by a nice drive (and play calling) lead to TD. Game on the Big East Network in NY/NJ/CT.

Comment by markp 10.27.12 @ 12:20 pm

I’m not a fan of the blue shirt / blue pants combo.

On a more game-relevant note, a nice couple of plays by Graham on this drive.

Comment by Navy Panther 10.27.12 @ 12:35 pm

Paul Ball!!!!!!!!!

Comment by alcofan 10.27.12 @ 12:37 pm

90 yards in 6 plays…hope they can keep it up.

Comment by markp 10.27.12 @ 12:38 pm

Gasing up the Bandwagon… ALL ABOARD!

Comment by PittofDreams 10.27.12 @ 12:39 pm

Tino still sucks!

Comment by pittisit37 10.27.12 @ 1:08 pm

You mean to tell me all nine (9) of us showed up for the open-thread.. ?

Comment by Neil 10.27.12 @ 1:18 pm

For someone who sucks – Tino is having a good first half! 24-7 good start – keep it up – must be the blue on blue!

Comment by markp 10.27.12 @ 1:24 pm

Lets give credit where credit is do. tino very efficient today so far. like the blue/blue.

Comment by goalie44 10.27.12 @ 1:27 pm

Actually, tino is having a good season overall.

Comment by TMG Panther 10.27.12 @ 1:27 pm

great execution. tino learned from the cincy game!

Comment by goalie44 10.27.12 @ 1:37 pm

Wow. I was expecting Pitt to be winning at the half, but not by 24. Sweet!

Comment by Mailman 10.27.12 @ 1:38 pm

Pitt looks terrific. Tino looks good and a lesson learned with time running out. D holding strong.
What could possible happen?

Comment by Dan 72 10.27.12 @ 1:39 pm

@dan

I know that sarcasm…

Comment by goalie44 10.27.12 @ 1:41 pm

I remember the game in 98. It was my first game Pitt game with my girlfriend, now my wife. Pitt was winning at halftime by almost as much. Dominating play, just like today. Temple put in this little QB in the second half and Pitt simply could not stop him. Temple won by a point and I remember my girlfriend asking. “Does this happen often to Pitt”?

Hopefully not today.

HTP

Comment by Dan 72 10.27.12 @ 1:41 pm

Finally, Tino executes the play the way Chryst intended it… touchdown at end of half.

Now, we’re talking!

Comment by PittofDreams 10.27.12 @ 1:41 pm

@Pittisit37 — Are you a Pitt fan?

Comment by MariettaMike 10.27.12 @ 1:41 pm

yikes, so disaster can strike..don’t remember that one though, probably a mental block!

Comment by goalie44 10.27.12 @ 1:43 pm

And oh, by the way… the quick slant to Shanahan… unstoppable in one-on-one isolation.

That was the play Chryst should have run against Louisville on fourth down at the end of the half.

Possible that was the call to be audibled, but Tino missed it.

Just sayin.

Comment by PittofDreams 10.27.12 @ 1:46 pm

Need to keep this up in the second half and put on a pounding. Pitt needs to put 50-60 on the board. It would be good for the psyche.

Not a fan of blue on blue either.

Go Pitt Go Pitt Go Pitt!

Comment by Pitt Is IT 10.27.12 @ 1:47 pm

espn.com must not believe the first half was real

“Box score not currently available”

Comment by Pitt Dad 10.27.12 @ 1:47 pm

And one more thing at the half.

Mason… a HUGE DIFFERENCE on Defense!!!

Comment by PittofDreams 10.27.12 @ 1:48 pm

marriettamike, i am a pitt fan! die hard, but i am sick and tired of tino, nothing is going to change my mind about him. his stats are all due to yac. and everyone of you has been bitching about him, my opinion of him is not going to be changed by one game, he has too many bad games to negate those for a few good ones.

Comment by pittisit37 10.27.12 @ 1:48 pm

I am here just waiting till the end before i put my 2 cents worth in.

Comment by FRANKCAN 10.27.12 @ 1:48 pm

ok, i’m on record liking the blue/blue. at least the blue pants don’t look faded and the wrong color. The golds pants don’t look gold and don’t match the helmets. my life must seem pretty pathetic if i’ve given so much though into the uni’s!

Comment by goalie44 10.27.12 @ 1:49 pm

unc has got some sweet looking unis on today. and we can’t even get at least one pitt script helmet back.

Comment by pittisit37 10.27.12 @ 1:51 pm

@pittisit37

If your gonna bash sunseri, fine. there are times when he deserved it, but you got to give him and the team credit when he performs well right??

Comment by goalie44 10.27.12 @ 1:52 pm

Finally. We are doing what we should be doing to a team with less talent. You do have to wonder where we would be this season if Pitt had replaced DW with another Pro-Set coach last season. My guess is that the TG hire set us back two seasons (at least). @Dan72 I was at that game too…still makes me a little sick!

Comment by HbgFrank 10.27.12 @ 1:53 pm

Am I blocked?

Comment by Matt N. 10.27.12 @ 1:57 pm

Sunseri at the half: 15/19 for 230 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT.

That’s about as solid a performance as you could expect out of any quarterback. If the yardage is due to yards after the catch, so be it. Pitt’s not the only team in 2012 exploiting defenses with quick throws on slant, hitch and out routes. In fact, that’s pretty much the basis of the pass-heavy spread offenses work.

This is about the best we realistically hoped to see from Tino. Hopefully he keeps this up.

Comment by Stoosh 10.27.12 @ 2:00 pm

Glad to be here… Great football weather.
Amazed that we have dodged the raindrops in the first half.

Comment by Joe Lawrence 10.27.12 @ 2:01 pm

Another plus for this game – offensive line is pushing Temple’s D-line all over the field, and Temple’s defense isn’t exactly terrible.

As a team, Pitt has 20 combined carries for 104 yards at the half.

Comment by Stoosh 10.27.12 @ 2:02 pm

Every thing is looking good today and Temple is 2-1 in the big east keep it up lets keep scoring like Wisconsin did with PC
I guess I have to go on record as liking the blue/blue but as a change up, i like the blue/gold more but it would be better if the gold had a more mustard tint to it.

Comment by Dacs 10.27.12 @ 2:02 pm

FRANKCAN

Please tell me you smiled a couple of times during the first half. Even if it was in disbelief!!!! Lol. I fraking LOVE the blue on blue. They are nasty.

Comment by CNorwoodAZ 10.27.12 @ 2:03 pm

PS… I am watching the game at a local private club and some ND fans have already claimed their spaces at the
best spots for tonights ND game. They had the bartender turn off the Pitt game early in the first half because the game “sucked”. They turned on NASCAR. Yes, I live in central PA….Just fuels my fire to ruin those bastards season!

Comment by HbgFrank 10.27.12 @ 2:03 pm

I see you MattN

Comment by CNorwoodAZ 10.27.12 @ 2:05 pm

you guys crack me up, you bash the hell out of him when he does poorly and then love him for mediocrity.

Comment by pittisit37 10.27.12 @ 2:07 pm

Penalites extending this drive.

Comment by markp 10.27.12 @ 2:09 pm

@HbgFrank Ask the keeper of the remote to turn the Pitt /Temple game back on. You’re a customer too. H2P

Comment by MariettaMike 10.27.12 @ 2:09 pm

if we look this good with blue and blue and i am talking abought the way they are playing i want thoes uniform every week and yes i am smileing lets go pitt lets go pitt.

Comment by FRANKCAN 10.27.12 @ 2:11 pm

Guess I zapped my own post — credit due, Tino playing well, but Temple putting no pressure on him…same as other three teams we’ve beaten. Same old story…no pressure, not bad; pressure, bad.

I’m predicting an angry ND next week looking to bring a mouthful of pressure…better be ready for it.

Comment by Matt N. 10.27.12 @ 2:14 pm

Unrelated to Pitt: Unbelievable scene earlier this afternoon in Columbia, SC. South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore suffered an absolutely devastating injury to his right leg. He returned this year after blowing out his knee last season. This time, the hit he took was almost Theismann-like in terms of severity. More than likely, the kid’s once-promising career is over.

As he was being carted off, both the South Carolina and Tennessee benches emptied and all the players came to midfield to see him off. Great show of class by both programs.

Comment by Stoosh 10.27.12 @ 2:15 pm

Injury (?) on OL – Arthur Doakes playing RG.

Comment by markp 10.27.12 @ 2:18 pm

Giubilata going Hynoski on that end around. #Beast

Comment by CNorwoodAZ 10.27.12 @ 2:19 pm

As a former FB/WB in high school, seeing Giubilato throwing those blocks absolutely warmed my heart.

Comment by Stoosh 10.27.12 @ 2:21 pm

Ugh Tino. Why didn’t you throw that one though the goal posts?!!! #Maddening

Comment by CNorwoodAZ 10.27.12 @ 2:22 pm

He flat out pasted three different guys on that play Stoosh.

Comment by CNorwoodAZ 10.27.12 @ 2:23 pm

Dan Mason is the starting middle linebacker. I don’t care when whatever his name is gets healthy, Dan Mason is the best linebacker on the team.

Comment by Kenny Powers 10.27.12 @ 2:36 pm

BIG play by Pitts – need to put points on the board…great run by #1!

Comment by markp 10.27.12 @ 2:50 pm

Dan Mason is amazing. To play at this level after the injury he had defies science.

Comment by Jimbo Covert's My Dad 10.27.12 @ 2:51 pm

I don’t think Mason will be turning in that scholly anytime soon….

Comment by HbgFrank 10.27.12 @ 2:54 pm

Graham is having fun. I’m happy for Ray. H2P!

Comment by MariettaMike 10.27.12 @ 2:54 pm

OMG we’ve scored 40 points with almost the whole 4rth Q left. This is amazing.

Amazing Panthers !

Comment by Emel 10.27.12 @ 2:59 pm

TV just showed someone on crutches and I was on a call…who was it?

Comment by markp 10.27.12 @ 3:00 pm

Aaron Donald will be running some laps for going for the strip and not wrapping up on that shovel pass.

Comment by CNorwoodAZ 10.27.12 @ 3:00 pm

Ryan Schleiper (sp?) was on the crutches.

Comment by Kenny Powers 10.27.12 @ 3:03 pm

Dan Mason. Wow.

Comment by Mailman 10.27.12 @ 3:03 pm

I just found this picture of Dan Mason’s wallet. Check it out:

link to badmofowallets.com

Comment by Jimbo Covert's My Dad 10.27.12 @ 3:03 pm

Ray Ray 19 rushes 109 yards
4 Catches 71 Yards
3 Touchdowns

Maybe Cook will write another story about how he’s NOT our feature back anymore !

Comment by Emel 10.27.12 @ 3:06 pm

What a phenomenal play by Dan Mason! It looked like a sure touchdown for temple. He ran him down from the inside and made a terrific diving tackle. The guy can flat out play.

Comment by Justinian 10.27.12 @ 3:08 pm

That was actually Street chirping, not Saddler.

Comment by CNorwoodAZ 10.27.12 @ 3:11 pm

Got to be happy with PITT’s improvement today. Thats is what we can hope for. Just keep improving like this. Good solid game, except for a few too many penalties.

Comment by IronmanEE68 10.27.12 @ 3:14 pm

This team is maddening. Jekyll and Hyde.

Comment by CNorwoodAZ 10.27.12 @ 3:16 pm

Rushell Shell laying some wood to the Owls right now, giving Ray some needed rest. Its a great duo.

Comment by IronmanEE68 10.27.12 @ 3:16 pm

Thanks Kenny – dumb play by Jones cost Shanny a TD – got it back though…47 pts over 500 yds in Offensive. Put in the subs.

Comment by markp 10.27.12 @ 3:17 pm

Today tino gets a pat on the back yes i know you thought i would never say it but today he gets a at a boy.

Comment by FRANKCAN 10.27.12 @ 3:22 pm

An excellent effort before Pitt travels to South Bend. H2P!

Comment by MarietteMike 10.27.12 @ 3:31 pm

No comments from Joe D ??

Comment by classof69 10.27.12 @ 3:35 pm

Tino 20/28 321 yds; 3 TD’s 0 Int; 203.1 rating. Tino does NOT suck! Given a runnng game, Tino can get’er done. H2P!

Comment by MarietteMike 10.27.12 @ 3:35 pm

It was a complete game, including the kicking. Great game, Panthers! HTP!!

Comment by IronmanEE68 10.27.12 @ 3:38 pm

Best balanced win in years… like way before Wanny!

HURRY UP! They Bandwagon is about ready to leave the station!!

Comment by PittofDreams 10.27.12 @ 3:38 pm

I’m hoping ND beats the OKie’s tonight. I’m a dreamer… :-)

Comment by MarietteMike 10.27.12 @ 3:43 pm

Ithink we will beat connecticut and USF that would make us 6 and 6 bowl time i never thought 6 and 6 sounded good but it does this year.
and if we get lucky on one of the outhers
7 and 5 look at me dreaming once moore.
this was a good win.
today i am mr sunshine.

I have some thoughts on recruiting that i will post later.

Comment by FRANKCAN 10.27.12 @ 3:53 pm

To our Pitt Bull Lover.

It’s safe to come in from the soccer field!!

Comment by PittofDreams 10.27.12 @ 3:54 pm

Me too Mike. Then Tino can have his Tyler Palko moment after we upset the Irish!

Comment by Kenny Powers 10.27.12 @ 3:56 pm

Tino much improved the last couple of weeks. Stepping up in the pocket to make throws.

What’s next, scrambling to buy time to make a throw deep for a touchdown?

Chryst really is a MASTERMIND when it comes to the O!!

Comment by PittofDreams 10.27.12 @ 3:58 pm

Great to see the positive vibe here today. Panthers looking good. Hope they can carry this into next week.

Comment by Floyd 10.27.12 @ 4:05 pm

PITT played textbook today, we got ahead early 14-0 and that seems to be the key, get ahead early.
Tino plays a lot better from ahead than behind, as we all know. And of course when we get over 200 yards rushing that seems to help enormously as well. So it’s off to South Bend to see if this team has really improved.

So ends the PITT-Temple football series for the foreseeable future. And winning one when a series is ending sure feels good. And going away at 47-17 feels even better !

HAil To PITT !
Veritas et Virtus !
and yes GRP ! :-)

Comment by Emel 10.27.12 @ 4:13 pm

classof69…
I saw the first half… they looked good and had the game undercontrol…
then I went to the track to put my daughter through a track workout… getting ready for indoor track season.

Comment by Joe D 10.27.12 @ 4:33 pm

As usual, only half the posts when we win. The fact that we aren’t that good should make us appreciate it when things go well. The cowardly natsayers are absent till next week.

Where are the guys that want Mason’s scholly back?
We need more guys like him.

Give Chryst the time to build his program. While it is fine to critisize poor performance the leap to this guy stinks and should be fired happens too often around here. Tino will have more bad games, Mason will be too slow to make a tackle and the O-line will be ineffective on several occasions this year, the talk of suicide will return among Pitt fans. Remain calm, enjoy the small victories.

It was great to watch Ray Graham with the fans after the game, high fivin. This is what it is all about, overcoming adversity. It is good to see that our players have courage and character, unlike many of the whining babies that are absent from Pitt Blather in Victory.

Like Frankan, Tino deserves our respect today as do all loyal Pitt fans and the kids that played their best.

Like I said, it is ok to criticise, but I get the feeling some of us enjoy it more when we lose.

Comment by gc 10.27.12 @ 4:35 pm

At game today. Graham had it in warm ups. Said to friends he was going to have a big game. Made me look good in section 139 Ray.
Mason. His play on 4th down is exactly why anyone who suggests his scholarship should be pulled has lost all credibility with me. All you make is noise.
Lots more good than bad. Time to celebrate. Great game Tino!

Comment by SFPitt 10.27.12 @ 4:40 pm

Defensive line was outstanding, I guess it helps when a team is one dimensional. Donald was unstoppable, Ezell, Murphy, even Shayne Hale were making plays, Mason and Thomas were filling the gaps, Pitts and K-Wan making tackles. Holley and Hendricks icluded in a total team effort.

Let’s hope ther is some carry-over for next week.

Comment by gc 10.27.12 @ 4:47 pm

gc try reading the posts to day you will see that
i gave tino his pat on the back today.
i belive dan was on to day and EMel was to.
and as mutch as i liked the win today it is only the second game that i thought they played well in
the gw game was a give me game and the buff game was a win but very ugly.

Comment by FRANKCAN 10.27.12 @ 4:48 pm

Now the recruting info nick jacobsen a 6 FOOT 5
305 POUND DT has a offer he is from WI
pitt is his only offer i pont that not to
criticise but to wonder why he did not jump at the offer you would think he would grab it.

the outher offer is to brian brown a CB 6 FOOT 2
from richmound va he has 2 outher offers from small schools but pitt is the best offer
once agein this is not to criticise the offer
but to wonder why the young man did not say yes
you would think they would grab thoes offers .

Comment by FRANKCAN 10.27.12 @ 5:01 pm

Frankan, I was giving you kudos for being fair to Tino, even though I guess it hurts a little.

I never question you, Emel or Dan regarding your love of Pitt.

I was speaking to some that I think are trolls in sheeps clothing.

Comment by gc 10.27.12 @ 5:07 pm

@Frankcan,

I don’t think gc was referring to you, me or Dan.
(at least I hope not). As none of us has called PC stupid or that he stinks and needs fired. I’ve been calling for Stevie Cornholes head, lol

@Everyone else.
My concerns are; I don’t want PITT falling back into the malaise of 1985-1991,then the downright wretchedness that followed from 1992-1996. So when I critique, that is based on that concern. The pattern of PITT over the years is to fall into these malaise’s, and then periods of futility, so I know we all don’t won’t that happening again. If you don’t believe me, go study PITT football over the years. I am too old to just follow along with blind faith and hope and those of you over 40, know exactly what I mean.

For today let’s just enjoy the win, we are back at .500 and got our 1rst Conference Win !

HTP !

Comment by Emel 10.27.12 @ 5:20 pm

(was actually trying to post this at 4:55, am using a new browser, so it only posted on the 3rd try)
Oy Vey !

Comment by Emel 10.27.12 @ 5:29 pm

Emel. Some of us here are over 60 and have enjoyed the victories and the agony of defeat. I’m looking forward to Pitt compete in the ACC. I think Pitt is headed in the right direction. We just need to support our school and take the good with the bad. Let’s enjoy this win and give the coaches and players credit for a big win. On to South Bend. H2P!

Comment by MariettaMike 10.27.12 @ 5:29 pm

Yea and God Bless you guys over 60, you had to live thru Dave Hart and Carl DePasqua. (i’m actually over 50 btw)

Hopefully we are headed in the right direction, I would feel more confident about that if the person steering the AD ship was more competent. And if we had a more stable past to base that prediction on.

Comment by Emel 10.27.12 @ 5:41 pm

Wow this would look really bad for the BigEast.

End of 3rd Quarter: Kent State 28 Rutgers 17

Especially after Toledo beat previously undefeated Cincinnati last week who took Louisville to Overtime before losing on Friday.

As I noted several weeks ago, the MAC with Ohio U, Toledo and Kent State is better than the BigEast. Temple joined a worse football conf. lol

Comment by Emel 10.27.12 @ 6:00 pm

HTP – 4-4 at this point with a real potential to go 6-6 for the season (L’s to ND,Rutger and W’s UConn,USF). Optimistic that we could go 7-5 with a surprise win against Rutgers (Rutgers is currently losing to Kent St.)

Hat’s off to Tino. Despite the criticism he continues to have games where the history book will make him look like an NFLer (20-28 for 320).
He didnt have to play from behind (enough said)

Nice job by Graham (109) and Shell is going to be a beast (Ave yrd per carry… 6.6!)

Team is getting better. Coaching is improving. We are headed in the right direction.

HTP

Comment by Pitt Fan In Atlanta 10.27.12 @ 6:06 pm

I think I heard on the post-game interviews that PC challenged the team something to the effect that if they wanted their names on the jerseys to put together a complete game and win their first conference game…so the names will be on against ND.

My first Pitt game was in 1957 as a boy scout as Pitt beat Nebraska 34-0…I’ve enjoyed many a win and many a loss!

Comment by markp 10.27.12 @ 6:24 pm

After how the season began, 4-4 at this point feels pretty good. As many have already posted, Pitt appears to be headed in the right direction. I believe Chryst is the right guy but we need to be patient and realistic with our expectations. Just want this team to finish the year strong and believe 7-5 is a real possibility.

Comment by Floyd 10.27.12 @ 6:25 pm

Looks like Graham took some empty seats with him to ASU.
Maybe we aren’t the only team so afflicted.
UCLA won on a last second field goal. Hmmm.
We need to work on our kick coverage AND defending the screen.

Comment by SFPitt 10.27.12 @ 6:38 pm

Today’s game was all about 2 outstanding Panthers, Graham and Mason. Two players who have overcome major adversity and play with heart and pride.

Mason probably would have been a 1st round NFL draft choice. Graham still has some time to show the “big boys” that he can play on Sunday.

I will be 70 in 3 months and believe me I want to see Pitt return to the great days of Mike Ditka and Paul Martha…Hail to Pitt!!

Comment by isnore 10.27.12 @ 7:11 pm

Mason is a leader by example!

Comment by Dr. Tom 10.27.12 @ 7:51 pm

PittofDreams,

In from soccer. WOW we won one. I admit my prognostication for today’s game was wrong. Glad they won. Still concerned about recruiting. This could have been a real season if we would just have beaten YSU, Syracuse and Cincinnati (all of which were do-able). Waiting for the we’re gonna beat ND talk to start. Again glad they won, enjoyed the soccer game more. Still believe this program is underachieving and in real trouble recruiting wise. Still believe 6 & 6 is best we can do, still bummed by that thought. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Comment by LUV PITTBULLS 10.27.12 @ 8:33 pm

gc must have read your post wrong sorry

Comment by FRANKCAN 10.27.12 @ 8:38 pm

rutgers or nd as you said win one of thoes and most likely 7 and 5 how sweet that would be.

Comment by FRANKCAN 10.27.12 @ 8:41 pm

Christ has slowly made Tino into the 22nd best QB in the latest rankings.

Hopefully we can get the first (or more) rushing TD against ND.

Comment by Frank MD 10.27.12 @ 9:03 pm

the offer to the DT NICK JACOBSEN went out 4 days ago on 10 23 .
he is a big one hope he takes it.
6 foot 5 305 pounds nice size from wisconsin.

Comment by FRANKCAN 10.27.12 @ 9:05 pm

and kent state won

Comment by FRANKCAN 10.27.12 @ 9:44 pm

we will be 7-5 beat rutgers uconn and usf i think nd will b closer than many think

Comment by punxy panther 10.27.12 @ 10:00 pm

Pitt wins and State Penn loses, what a great day.

Comment by Kenny Powers 10.27.12 @ 10:06 pm

Hey gents, good vibe today. Sorry I missed it. This was a real nice game. You all have stated what I have been saying for a long time with Paul Chryst. He would prefer a two star or three star that plays inspired, is coachable, has heart and wants to be at Pitt. I will take that over a four or five star that wants to do his own thing.

I will not waiver in my support of Paul Chryst as a coach or a recruiter or as a person. The person trumps all others in that equation and he continues to do all the right things. He is laying the foundation for all of us blowhards to have positive discussions on here weekly. I am not getting ahead of myself and claim us as back. It is a process and PC has a plan. We need to support him as he executes it, understanding that there will be some hiccups. The team did well today. Understanding expectations is critical, with team improvement throughout the year as one of those expectations.

Comment by dhuffdaddy 10.27.12 @ 10:19 pm

For thoes that care mark myers in 7 games has
thrown for 2424 yd and 22 TD not bad.

Comment by FRANKCAN 10.27.12 @ 10:44 pm

Watched the game online – Not the greatest quality but good enough to see an awesome win! HTP!!

Comment by JAM 05 Pitt 10.27.12 @ 11:09 pm

Watched the game on MASN. Sounds like some of you had trouble getting it. At least in this part of the mid Atlantic (Maryland) Big East Network games are often on MASN and I hear it is so in some other states too which is why I posted about it last night. In any case this one is the way Pitt-Temple games should go! HTP!

Comment by opfim 10.27.12 @ 11:52 pm

SNY showed the game live and then re-ran it this evening. Very sweet.

Comment by Pitt Dad 10.28.12 @ 12:03 am

I am one of those that said it might be time for Dan Mason to move on in his life after this year. Based on his play alone in the last two games I humbly retract those sentiments.

Without even considering the previous injury and then his long recovery, his play would be impressive. The guy has a motor that doesn’t quit until the end of the game that kind of on the field leadership is essential to Pitts future

Comment by Dr. Tom 10.28.12 @ 8:37 am

Dan Mason’s story continues to grow after everything that he has gone through, to play at this level and play well is beyond comprehension. He plays with a passion that is infectious. This type of leadership is critical, given where this program is and has been. He plays nasty all of the time and I hope this is the type of student athlete Coach Chryst is targeting on the recruiting trail. If so, I like where we are headed.

HAIL TO PITT!

Comment by Outlaw 10.28.12 @ 9:39 am

Stayed up and watched ND win last night. Pitt actually has the kind of team that will give ND trouble on a good day. OKla had no running game and tried to get by with short passes. Pitt excells at running and short passes. If the D can give us a chance, we may just have enough to spring the upset. If Tino wins this one, I will write a public letter forgiving him for everything I have accused him of for the last 3 years! HTP

Comment by Dan 72 10.28.12 @ 10:09 am

The o-line gave Tino time, he barely had to move. That allowed he and the receivers to get in rhythm. I thought today was the best Pitt has looked in the passing game since ’09.

Really a nice overall team effort. It was great to see them grab momentum back after Temple’s long kickoff return, and after their long TD drive early in the 3rd. Good, aggressive play calling, defensive takeaways and a nice 4th qtr. goal-line stand.

Things still to work on: inconsistent run blocking – too many plays where the line is still not getting a push and Ray did a lot on his own. I thought Hubie’s return helped, but it looked like he left hurt again in the 4th. Penalties – Temple’s TD drive was thanks to 3 of them, although the interference call was questionable. QB containment – mobile QBs really challenge our D.

Looking ahead, ND will be a tough go. I think Pitt will need to throw, and I can see them moving the ball but not finishing, like the ‘Cuse game. Beyond that, every game is winnable. At this point, if we lose next week and win the final 3 to finish 7-5, I would consider that to be a mildly successful season after that hideous 0-2 start.

Comment by Iron Duke 10.28.12 @ 10:28 am

ND goes into Norman and dismantels Oak. Everyone telling them how great they are this week. We got them right where we want them. Were gonna wipe that smirk off Kelly’s face this week. Its Tino time.

Comment by alcofan 10.28.12 @ 11:07 am

Heading up to South Bend Friday, I hope Pitt is a 28 point dog, you know what that means.

Comment by Moe Greene 10.28.12 @ 11:09 am

Amazing the positivity on this board that comes from a win! Any idiot next week who posts after a potential loss and starts calling for Chryst’s job, Tino’s backup, Mason’s scholly back, horrible recruiting, etc. should be ignored. Only two teams in the nation wouldn’t be considered an underdog against Notre Dame, so people who want to be negative after a loss please keep that in mind. Personally, I think we have a real shot at a possible upset. So I will be rooting for one! Go Pitt!!!

Comment by Timmeh 10.28.12 @ 11:16 am

@Alco, couldn’t agree more.

This is the perfect storm for Pitt to have a chance at an upset. If the Irish had lost, you know they’d be fully prepared for this game. But they are going to be getting praised all week by the national media, lets hope it goes to their heads and that they don’t respect Pitt. That gives us a fighting a chance

Comment by Kenny Powers 10.28.12 @ 12:06 pm

The only thing that could be better about this coming weekend vs. ND, would be for the Panthers to come screaming out of the tunnel wearing throwback Pitt script. I would run through the TV and onto the field myself!

Come on Steve Pederson – think about the marketing opportunity! Everyone jam his inbox!

Comment by Pitt Is IT 10.28.12 @ 1:12 pm

Thoughts:

- Great win by the team and hope they can carry that over to next week.

- I think Chryst will continue to grow and is going to be an excellent HC. Sure he has some things to improve, no coach is perfect, but his aggressive style of play calling is refreshing.

- I too was wrong on #40, amazing story with maybe the best yet to come.

- If he stays healthy, Shell will end up being a top RB nationally and a 1st round pick. He’s a perfect fit for this offense.

- Seemed to me like the D was rotating the DL more often this game. LB’s have played much better last couple weeks as well.

- Something to think about when people talk about recruiting. Kansas State, #4 in BCS standings, recruiting class ranks per Scout:
2010 – 99
2011 – 61
2012 – 85
TYD 2013 – 81

I’m no expert, but maybe it’s more important to find kids that fit your system.

- As for ND, I think we need to hope they overlook Pitt because Kelly has them running on all cylinders.

The closest DL talent Pitt played was VT, so they need that type of OL performance to have a chance. Pitt will need long clock eating drives that result in points.

On the D side, my fear is ND will just line up and run at them. ND’s OL is top notch and with their speed at RB/QB Pitt could be in for a long day.

But I think that’s the fun in watching Pitt this year, you never know who’s going to show up.

Comment by burgh1972 10.28.12 @ 1:30 pm

As an old Pitt fan (1962) my rivalry priorities have always been PSU, ND WVU.

Hopefully PSU and ND continue.

Comment by Frank MD 10.28.12 @ 1:32 pm

Tino number 8 in national QB stats.

Comment by Frank MD 10.28.12 @ 1:37 pm

I’m headed to Notre Dame this weekend. I have never been there and am really exited to take it all in. I will be in the RV lot with my buddies looking out for Pitt Fans so stop by for a coldy if your coming.

Regarding the game to be played that day my feeling is that we are going to get crushed. After watching Pitt beat Temple yesterday I came home and watched ND beat Oklahoma. It seems as if there is no way Pitt can beat ND. Their DL will manhandle our OL. Their secondary will shut down our receivers. Their coach has been torturing us since his days at Cinci.

However, there was a day not so long ago when I felt the same way as now. There was no hope for our team but somehow, some way, we got it done. Crushing the National Champion hopes of a rival.

13-9

Go Pitt!!

I will be there screaming my guts out.

Comment by Jeff in CPa 10.28.12 @ 2:36 pm

Jeff were are you located in central pa, I’m in Steelton?

Comment by DJS 10.28.12 @ 4:49 pm

Nice to see people who actually watch Pitt play revise their assessments of #40.
Now if Pitt fans were like Philly fans and bitched WHILE buying tickets, then we might be on to something.
I don’t think Nostradamus manhandled OU as much as wore them down but that is a distinction without a difference.
ND has the best defense in the nation. No one else is close.
We will need to play mistake free football to stay with them into the 4th quarter. Even then the possibility of upsetting them is remote.
Alabama is the next best team IMO, KU and then OSU but the last 2 are pretty far behind.
ND can be had but you have to neutralize their awesome speed in the front 7. Quick throws and power football.
A 3 second drop will send Tino to the hospital.

Comment by SFPitt 10.28.12 @ 6:03 pm

york harrisburg going , ijust realized i hate our uniforms

Comment by paul shannon 10.28.12 @ 6:04 pm

WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS RUN RIGHT AT THEM AND KEEP RUNNING EVEN WHEN WE DONT GET ANY YARDS.
WITH JUST A FEW PASSPLAYS WAIR THEM DOWN DONT LET THEM USE THERE SPEED.

Comment by FRANKCAN 10.28.12 @ 6:16 pm

Let’s not lose our heads, ND would have to fumble four or five times for us to be in the game.

It would be fun to see Ray and Rushel have career games, but our O-line is not strong enough especially without Schlieper.

It will also be interesting to see how Donald fares against their big boys and Mason deserves payback.

All in all it’s David vs Goliath and we all know how that turned out, wait, what?

Comment by gc 10.28.12 @ 6:57 pm

Shady scores, streak continues.

Comment by alcofan 10.28.12 @ 7:09 pm

The 2010 team with Sir Tino as a sophomore competed with ND in South Bend and very easily could have won the game, before losing 17-23. And you all remember last year’s game where again we had several opportunities to win before losing 12-15.

So the players know they can compete with ND and were just a play away from winning these games.

So it’s not a stretch to think we can win this game. Let’s see if we can play up to the competition and I’d love to see Sir Tino lead us to victory with some big plays in South Bend.

Oh and I thought in the 4rth quarter up 40-17, PC should have put Anderson in the game for some game experience. You know in case Tino gets hurt and for next year.

Comment by Emel 10.28.12 @ 7:22 pm

omg I called for the backup. I’m a bad bad person.

Comment by Emel 10.28.12 @ 7:25 pm

Agree Emel. Pitt was in both of those games. I think ND’s kicker hit a couple of big field goals in that game two years ago. I think Pitt gave up a big play to ND later in the game last year for a touchdown.

Comment by Barvo 10.28.12 @ 7:30 pm

For those of you heading to Notre Dame, especially for the first time. It is the single best trip in all of college football to an away game. Go a day early and walk the campus. We even went to mass with the team 7 years ago.

I still think Pitt is in the exact right place and has the team to pull off an upset. Vegas odds opened at ND – 19.5 about where I would think.

Comment by Dan 72 10.28.12 @ 8:02 pm

@ DJS, Yes I live in Mechanicsburg so we both live in State Penn hell.

Comment by Jeff in CPa 10.28.12 @ 8:21 pm

Jeff in CPa: I will be in South Bend on Saturday. I will see if I can find you over in RV lot. Not necessarily hopeful but then again…. 13-9!! On any given Saturday…let’s go Pitt!!

Comment by The Turk 10.28.12 @ 8:24 pm

Jeff, State Penn hell is right – I even changed jobs because I couldn’t take them any longer.

Comment by DJS 10.28.12 @ 8:46 pm

Just got done reading about the PITT-IUP game Friday nite.

IUP shot 51% for game, 73% in 2nd half. Yikes !
That is a replay from last year’s big problem, can’t stop anyone. And this is a D-3 program I believe. Know it’s early, but you’d think we would have crushed a small school like IUP.

Pluses were; Dixon actually started 2 freshmen, so he’s aware we can not win with last years players. Bad news, Adams only played 17 minutes and only had 4 & 4. Robinson didn’t do much either.

Dixon played both Robinson & Woody at the same time, so 2 PG’s on the floor at the same time. Ziegler didn’t start, so I guess Dixon is saying to him, you got to earn the position. But we do need some height at that position for perimeter defense, as IUP shot over 50%. Woody led team with 16 points.

Only a couple weeks now, before season starts.
Let’s pray they get better on defense, as it appears we’re not going to be a scoring juggernaut. (again)

Maybe try a few new offensive sets, everyone is use to the ones we’ve been using for a decade.

Comment by Emel 10.28.12 @ 8:52 pm

@Dan72.
I sure as hell hope you prayed that Pitt would kick the shit out of them at Mass.
I hated going to Mass before games. But I did as playing at Catholic High School it was mandatory.
As many who read this blog know, I went to Buffalo because I wanted to see the heart of this team. Read their body language and see how they acted when no one was watching. I was impressed.
I got to the game and went to the first row to watch pre game warm ups.
I saw a physically impressive team going thru pre games with purpose and polish. Shell, apparently unphased by Joe D’s tattletalling of his high school failures, ran a drill and stopped and posed with a Jr. Panther fan while his Mom took a picture. Ray jumping thru pre games like he was on a pogo stick and when the drills ended, threw the ball skyward as if to say “it’s back!” as his teammates ran toward him.
Tino, flipping the world a big fat bird, by proclaiming his hometown as “Knoxville, TN” on the big screen.
My pride as the boys from the great state of Ohio announced their hometowns. Don’t sweat Urban…he will always have pick of the litter; just get to the other OH guys before UofM, MSU and others. ND gave up on Ohio long ago…they haven’t won a NC since.
Looking at the gorgeous Pitt dance team in those form fitting slacks.
Whoever goes to SB this week, enjoy yourselves. Perhaps the last of the no hassle, we know how to drink without getting drunk crowd in college football. Classiest crowd on earth.
Bring home some scalps! Lay some wood on some people and come home proud.

Comment by SFPitt 10.28.12 @ 9:07 pm

This is a strange year we are do for a big win may be this is the game. but i still think we must run the ball to win. but if we play hard give all we got that will be enough.

Comment by FRANKCAN 10.28.12 @ 9:12 pm

Have no fear, Emel. I was one of the few at that IUP hoop game. Adams is the real deal and will be fun to watch. Stats were low, but he is a presence on the floor we have not seen since Blair. Robinson and Zeigler add height and athleticism lacking at the guard spot last yr. Jamie was experimenting with different lineups throughout the game& although IUP shot well, the game was never in doubt. I see us getting better each game. Much improved. Deep bench.

as for stats, remember Sir Tino could finish as the 2nd best QB in Pitt history—statistically.

Comment by Bossdaws 10.28.12 @ 9:27 pm

I love the self righteous types who come out of the closet and crow every time Pitt beats an average to below average team — and criticize those of us who aren’t afraid to speak our minds. Seriously, Temple is not good…and neither is Buffalo, Gardner Webb, or VTech. Sorry guys, not drinking the Kool Aid. Yes, a win is better than the alternative, but let’s get a grip here.

Two very happy developments that I saw in that game though: Ray G. looks like he’s back and that can only be REALLY good for the offense; and, the O-Line, despite the abuse from the Tino defenders, looked pretty good to me and seemed to play with a bit of an edge.

Jumping up about five weight classes vs ND’s D however, so we will see what we see. I wonder if Brian Kelly will think to pressure Tino? Mante Te’o (sp?) is gonna be coming 100mph all day so I surely hope Chryst is walking Tino through his options and keeping his own options open. Liked our D’s attitude and think they can match up with ND’s offense, but the story is gonna be on the other side of the ball.

Comment by Matt N. 10.28.12 @ 9:52 pm

Just go in and fight boys. Always seem to give ND our best in their house. We usually are in the games that are played there. I believe this team will be there at the end. Will they come out on top, I don’t know, but I do believe they will give ND all they want and more. Hail To Pitt, beat the Irish!

Comment by Vulcan Rob 10.28.12 @ 11:28 pm

ND will be flat as a pancake emotionaly – get the word out on campus to staff/admin. to SCREEN PASS notre dame to death – pull out all stops ! If the athletic dept. will break out the mustard & yellow pitt script uniforms and we score an historic victory on national TV = an atomic bomb for recruiting / the program !

Comment by ROCKY20 10.28.12 @ 11:43 pm

@ Turk – I have a Pitt (Script) banner/flag I plan to fly so look for that…I’ll have a coldy at the ready for you.

@ DJS – the State Penn fans around here are horrible. You would think fans from a school that is going through the biggest scandal in college sports history would be a little humble, a little less boisterous, a little less like a$$holes. But no, not Ped State. A group of local (Harrisburg, PA) fans have pooled money and put up billboards touting each victory. Real classy. But at the same time expected from a group of people who just don’t get it.

Comment by Jeff in CPa 10.28.12 @ 11:47 pm

You’d think Pitt beat a ranked team or something by reading some posts. I was at the game and Temple is such a bad. Still nice to get a win. But Chryst still sucked with clock management end of first half but got bailed out by good play by Tino and the team.

Also what the heck does a win over Temple have to do with recruiting? Nothing. Someone mentioned K-state. They are by far the exception to the rule and they happen to have one of the best coaches of all time. Good recruits are the foundation of a good team. Look at Dan Mason he was a 4 star number 8 in the nation MILB. A healthy Dan mason would have been so awesome. And look at Shell he was a top recruit. How less promising would the team be if he decomitted and he was replaced by a 2 star under sized fit guy. You are delusional to downplay recruiting.

Also about basketball I heard IUP has a transfer from Gonzaga could bea reason why they hung tough. I couldn’t go on Friday but excited to see them against Hawaii. Basketball team is going to get better and peak in April.

Comment by Wardapalooza 10.29.12 @ 12:04 am

Objective facts after 8 games:

Tino Sunseri:

- 164.8 QB Rating (8th in nation; Best in Big East)
- 2199 yards (24th in nation; on pace for 3,300 regular season)
- 69.2% completion pct (9th in nation)
- 9.4 yards per attempt (6th in nation)
- 2 INTs in 234 attempts (only 2 QBs with less INTs in 200 or more attempts)

Comment by Dan35 10.29.12 @ 12:04 am

Good monday morning read,SFPitt, getting ready.

Comment by alcofan 10.29.12 @ 9:06 am

Would love to start out with something crazy, a pick 6, a punt fumble recovery, something to start the game off 7-0 Pitt before anyone even sits down!!!

HTP

Comment by Dan 10.29.12 @ 10:07 am

dan35 how many td does tino have

Comment by FRANKCAN 10.29.12 @ 10:15 am

13 TDs and 2 INTs

Comment by Dan35 10.29.12 @ 10:22 am

Peak just tweeted that Dan Mason is out indefinitely. Apparently, he suffered a lacerated liver during the Temple game.

Ouch.

Comment by Stoosh 10.29.12 @ 10:28 am

That’s devastating news. The guy worked his tail off to get back on the field and now this happens. Dan Mason has an enormous heart though, and I have no doubt that he’ll overcome this latest challenge.

Comment by Swinging Gate 10.29.12 @ 10:53 am

I will be at MD-GT game to see future opponents and test tailgating.

Will tape ND game.

Stay dry.

Comment by Frank MD 10.29.12 @ 11:05 am

I watched ND vs Oklahoma. ND has a great defense but not great offense. We have a more balanced attack that Oklahoma. I could see anything from a blowout by them to a close win for us. The boys need to go out and win one for Dan.

Comment by Houston Panther 10.29.12 @ 12:23 pm

Re: Mason. What is there to say? Here is a guy who has proven that obstacles aren’t too big for him and that bad things happen to good people.
Get well Dan…I’m holding the scholarship for you!

Comment by sfpitt 10.29.12 @ 12:27 pm

ND’s QB is a great runner, and those types of QBs have killed us the last few years. Losing Mason is a huge blow – don’t think we have anyone who can replace him adequately. We need more than Thomas, Hendricks and Donald to make some plays on D. Let’s hope some guys step up – after all it is ND.

Comment by rayhpgh 10.29.12 @ 12:31 pm

Objective facts after 30 something games:

Tino Sunseri:

- Never led Pitt to a come from behind win…ever.
- Folds like a lawn chair under even moderate pressure.
- Career record of .500
- Frequently refers to “we” when topic of his own mistakes comes up.
- Number of impressive wins vs. clearly strong teams = 0

Comment by Matt N. 10.29.12 @ 12:37 pm

Mason and Schlieper done for the season…

link to espn.go.com

Bad time for these injuries – Mason is an inspiration – shame on those who said his scholarship should be pulled!

Comment by markp 10.29.12 @ 12:40 pm

Sam Werner of the PG is now reporting that Dan Mason, Ryan Schleiper and Manny Williams are all done for the year. First and foremost, best wishes to all three players in their respective recoveries.

Williams was a redshirt senior, so this pretty much ends his Pitt career. Sad to see. I remember hearing some interviews he did after the VT game and he seemed like a terrific kid. Really emotional player.

I feel just horrible for Mason. Just making it back on the field was inspirational enough, but to see him playing so well. Ugh. Werner reported that Chryst said Mason was in very good spirits and it sounds like he should be able to recover from this setback. He’s listed as a redshirt junior, so I’d expect him to be back and in the mix again next season.

One thing is for certain. I think I want Dan Mason as a life coach.

Comment by Stoosh 10.29.12 @ 12:43 pm

Every week I root for him to stay calm under pressure, avoid ‘avoidable’ sacks, and make plays under duress, but I’m still waiting.

Comment by Matt N. 10.29.12 @ 12:43 pm

Very sad news about those three guys — scary injury for Mason but not betting against the guy.

Comment by Matt N. 10.29.12 @ 12:46 pm

,matt n,voytek and anderson throw 3 to 4 picks per practice, savage is ineligible, what else don’t u like about our qb

Comment by paul shannon 10.29.12 @ 1:06 pm

Paul,I agree, I think it’s kind of obvious that between PC and Brooks that Tino has improved immensely under their tutelage and the players especially Street have gained new respect for him.

Comment by markp 10.29.12 @ 1:14 pm

Tino finally makes the play when needed saturday and Pitt does the impossible. Late TD pass to Saddler, the boys in the backfield chip away at NDs defense and Pitt wins 7-6. Haven’t been this excited for a Pitt game since the Cincinnati game in 09. Beat ND.

Comment by Vulcan Rob 10.29.12 @ 2:08 pm

Well, I guess the rest of us non-insiders don’t have the benefit of getting the inside scoop like apparently you do. We can only go by what we see — or in the case of Anderson and Voytik, what we don’t see — during game day. And to those who said in the past to just trust the coaches as ‘they know what’s good for the team’, how come we all were more than ready to run Wanny and Graham out on a rail then? Where did the trust go then?

I believe Chryst can be better than those two, but we haven’t been given an alternative to Tino for three years now and we’ve been STRICTLY average. Name a team who pressured Tino significantly that we’ve beaten? I don’t care who plays QB, really, but I just want to feel Pitt has a remote chance of winning and not getting embarrased on national tv when we play agaisnt a good, attacking team…is that unreasonable?

Comment by Matt N. 10.29.12 @ 2:43 pm

lol God knows where Sir Tino would be in the national QB rankings if he would have had good games against Youngstown State, Syracuse & Buffalo.

Like I said a couple weeks ago, the way this works is some NFL team will draft him. As they can just point to : he’s the 2nd all-time leading passer at PITT behind only Marino.

And for whatever NFL team that might be, their fans will have no clue, other than those stats.
As Dan35 listed, they look impressive.

For certain he will be in someone’s NFL camp, drafted or free agent. I can assure you of that.

If he does get drafted, he’ll be the first PITT QB drafted since Alex Van Pelt, way back in 1992.
That indeed would be comical.

Comment by Emel 10.29.12 @ 4:50 pm

@paulie
Where’d you get that info on what Voytik & Anderson are doing in practice ?
I understand only reporters & cheerleaders are only at practices. Please expound further. :-)

Comment by Emel 10.29.12 @ 5:05 pm

emel u r aready right about the nfl teams just enjoy the info believe it or not, and mattn why hasn’t anyone played to date,not ready, savage starts next yr ,see u at ND

Comment by paul shannon 10.29.12 @ 6:03 pm

As a certified (by Emel) member of the ABT club, I recognize and salute his good games this yr. He has definitely improved under Chryst. But Matt N. has valid pts, and as a former HS & college QB probably is especially frustrated with the QB play we have had for the past 3 yrs. Its legit to ask why we don’t see the backup in the 4th qtr when we are up (Temple) or down (Cincy) by 20 or more. But we don’t this yr. Other teams do it. Pitt does not. A sad reflection on our depth at that critical position.
I will be rooting for Tino and our Panthers SAT at ND but after watching the Oklahoma game, and seeing our injuries, it will take a small miracle to beat the No. 4 Irish at home.We just don’t have the playmakers on either side of the ball this yr to beat the Irish. Hope to eat those words.
As a former NFLPA contract advisor, I don’t see Tino getting drafted, Emel. He may get into a camp with his connections, but teams look at film, not at stats. Unless he wows them at Pro Day, but at best he is an UFA.

Comment by bossdaws 10.29.12 @ 6:10 pm

Spot on bossdaws — film don’t lie, but stats can be highly misleading.

Comment by Matt N. 10.29.12 @ 9:12 pm

never said drafted,on another note rutgers fans were calling for their back up when nova took the pipe

Comment by paul shannon 10.29.12 @ 10:03 pm

@ Emel, Tino Sunseri will have to pull an unbelievable QB performance out of his pooper against either Notre Dame and/or Rutgers in front of a national audience that will take notice for ANY CHANCE of him being drafted by the NFL. Sunseri’s stats say one thing but the film doesn’t lie. He does not have the tools in the box to take it to the next level as a QB.

Now he may end up in the NFL combine to show his goods and even get a short shot at it as a free agent but thats it. Tino does have a future in football though, IMO, but that would be in the coaching ranks. The guy understands the game and you know what they say about coaching,,,,,that’s Tino.

I don’t want to be a Debbie Downer though. Tino has come around well this season. I hope that he can pull off an upset before his career comes to a close. This week at ND would be a great time to do it. We’ll see.

Comment by Dr. Tom 10.30.12 @ 8:20 am